Owen Wilson Hairline Hair strands are formed by “hair-producing cells” in the hair follicle. How long these cells will produce and how many years they will survive is determined when the person is born. The number of years it will remain alive is encoded in the genes inside the hair-producing cells according to the characteristics taken from the parents. These passwords do not change for life.
The main reason for male pattern hair loss, which we call “androgenic alopecia”, is the termination of hair production related to genetic codes. When the time comes, the hair-producing cells that receive a “stop production” message from their genes stop production and go to sleep.
In pharmacies and markets, there are many shampoos, lotions, ampoules, etc. that are claimed to delay, slow down, prevent hair loss, and even grow new hair.
Hair transplantation is the removal of the hair strands in the non-shedding area with special techniques and transferring them to the bald area.
So, which techniques are used for hair transplantation?
There are two types of hair transplant methods: FUT and FUE.
FUE Hair Transplant
İlginizi Çekebilecek Ürünlerimiz
In the newer and updated FUE technique, hair units are collected one by one with the help of a special motor. It is posted after grouping. The operation time is longer, but there is no scar.
FUT Hair Transplant
In the FUT technique, a strip-shaped scalp area is removed from the neck area and this area is closed by sewing. The hair units on this strip are cut apart and then transferred to the channels opened in the balding area. The operation time is shorter, but a scar remains in the area where the strip was removed.
What Does “Graft” Mean?
Hair strands come out of the roots in single, double, triple, or more crowded groups. When these units are collected one by one, they are called a graft. A graft does not mean a hair strand. The more strands in each graft, the more hair strands the patient will have. In other words, this is an advantage for the person who has a hair transplant.
Who Can Have a Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation can be applied to men and women after the age of 20.
As in all medical operations, a doctor’s examination is required for hair transplantation to determine whether the applicant needs hair transplantation, the person’s suitability for hair transplantation, and the choice of the technique to be applied
People who are suitable for hair transplantation are those who have enough hair on the sides and back of their heads.
Before Hair Transplant
-Alcohol should not be used at least 3 days before hair transplantation.
-Blood thinners such as aspirin should be discontinued until one week before the hair transplant operation.
-You should not use cosmetic products such as lotion and conditioner before having the operation.
-If you have chronic blood pressure, diabetes, heart, and stomach ailments, you should share it with your doctor during your examination.
-If you have medicines you use regularly, you should inform your doctor before the operation.
Post-Hair Transplant Process
- After the hair transplant, the patient can go home on the same day. People with sensitive skin may have swelling in the forehead area in the first few days. Ice application is effective in reducing edema here.
- The first hair wash is done 1-2 days after the procedure.
- Sunbathing, solarium, and heavy exercise are not recommended for the first month after the operation.
- We recommend that you rest at home for the first 2–3 days after transplantation.
- During this time, it is the most appropriate position to lie down with your head 45 degrees high. If you need to go out, wear a hat.
- Do not bend your head forward for activities such as tying shoes or picking up anything from the ground.
- In the early period after the operation, you will not feel your head with the effect of drugs. Therefore, take care to protect your head while getting in the car, lying down, and walking around the house.
- It is normal and expected that some blood and edema leakage, especially from the neck area where the grafts are taken, on the first night. You don’t need to worry. -Sleeping with a clean towel under your head will prevent your pillow from getting dirty.
- There may be slight tingling in the operation area for the first 1-2 days. You will not have any complaints if you use the medicines we recommend for you.
- While sleeping, be careful not to hit the transplanted part of your head on the bedside or the wall.
- Sports, heavy work, and sexual intercourse should be avoided in the first 3 days after the operation. Heavy physical activities can cause the grafts to dislodge as they affect blood pressure.
- Not smoking for the first 15 days is very important for the survival of the transplanted grafts. Smoking a single cigarette or being in a smoking environment can cause a loss of grafts.
- After the operation, although the severity varies from person to person, there may be some swelling and bruising in the forehead and face area. This is an expected result depending on the injected fluids, the effect of the procedure, and the sensitivity of the person. Since the tissue structure of each person is different, the amount of edema and swelling is different.
- However, the use of medications and following the recommendations prevents the increase of swelling and edema.
- Edema will increase in the first 2 days and will begin to decrease after 48 hours. To prevent the increase in edema, you can take 10–15 minutes per hour for the first 2 days and apply ice to your eyebrow area. -Do not apply ice to the planting area.
- You can wash your lower part from the neck.
- You can eat whatever you want, no restrictions. However, especially in the first 3 days, alcohol intake causes bleeding and leakage as it will dilute the blood and prevent clotting. We do not recommend drinking alcohol for the first 3 days.
- You can wash your hair on the 2nd day.
How Should You Wash Your Hair?
- Before washing, apply plenty of Bepanthol lotion to the planted part and wait 10-15 minutes for the crusts to soften. Then wash it gently and without pressure with lukewarm water. You can foam your nape comfortably. However, avoid any traumatizing movements that will cause the transplanted hair to grow in their nests in the transplanted area. Do not use a drying movement or use a machine.
- Wash your hair every day for the first 15 days and repeat these processes.
- Protect from excessive sun rays for 4-6 weeks. Be sure to wear a hat.
- The transplanted hair will shed completely within 6-8 weeks, and it will grow out gradually, healthier, and bushy within 3-6 months. Shedding and recurrence times vary from person to person.
- After transplantation, your existing hair strands will also become stronger and thicker
Owen Wilson and Hair Transplant
Owen Wilson is an American actor and screenwriter. Wilson, who had a lot of fans around the world, was a celebrity with a hairline problem. But thanks to the hair transplant that we gave you the detailed information in our article, he regained that hair that saved his charisma. He’s a happier person now. Owen Wilson Hairline